Decided on an Alweld! Where to buy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawjatek

Reaction score
New member here has come for enlightenment. I love this site! It was recommended on another forum (crappie.com).

I want an Alweld 1756VV Marsh (SC) with 24" storage locker, lights, and TM wiring/bracket, and a trailer for it. I'm also going to need a motor in the 50-70 HP range. This is going to be a pure fishing boat, as I'm not interested in any other use. Freshwater reservoirs, rivers, tailraces, and possible light inshore/marsh use on the GA/FL coasts for redfish and such. I currently fish out of a NuCanoe kayak (love it) which I am definitely keeping for electric-only and skinny water/shoals fishing, but I need me a good no-frills boat for 1 or 2 anglers. This will be my first boat.

I am located northside Atlanta metro in N Georgia, very near Lake Lanier, and I'm looking for a trustworthy and recommended dealer to buy it from. There are no Alweld dealers in my area; closest one is 130 miles away. I don't mind a drive if the price is right.

There are 3 dealers in GA, and a few TN, SC, and AL dealers within a day's drive, but I have no idea which are the best. Any input from the members here?

Not sure how you determine a "good dealer", I guess its price plus reputation, service, word of mouth, BBB rating, and Yelp. I'm going to see the closest Ga dealer to me. Wish me luck.

EDIT UPDATE: went with a GA delaer, Dublin Marine. Ordered the boat! Now to find a motor.

Latest posts