Transducer Mounting Ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moloch16

Reaction score
My new Alweld boat came with a wonderful factory installed transducer mount. Only issue is it isn't wide enough for the standard Lowarnce bracket. Looking for ideas on how to mount the transducer.

Options I've considered is adding material to make the mount point wider, but that might create a rooster tail since it will extend pass the mount point.

Or drilling new holes next to the exist screw holes but closer in. Probably can't get them as nice as the factory ones ;)

Any other options / ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20181113_210824.jpg
    IMG_20181113_210824.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_20181113_210816.jpg
    IMG_20181113_210816.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_20181113_210725.jpg
    IMG_20181113_210725.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_20181113_210717.jpg
    IMG_20181113_210717.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 771
The bracket looks wide enough that you could trim it down to the inside of the slots, drill new holes and rivet it on. Of course you would no longer have any adjustment.

"Rivet it to a piece of tin that is 2" taller than your mount, to your mount and secure at the part that is higher."

This is the right answer.

MrGiggles said:
The bracket looks wide enough that you could trim it down to the inside of the slots, drill new holes and rivet it on. Of course you would no longer have any adjustment.

Yes this is an option I'm considering. I might be able to reproduce the oval (for making adjustments) by drilling two holes and then using a dremel to cut out the material between the two holes to make the oval.

Thanks for your feedback!

DaleH said:
Rivet it to a piece of tin that is 2" taller than your mount, to your mount and secure at the part that is higher.

Yes good idea. Hadn't thought about using rivets but that would keep the bracket flus with the tin.

Looks like I can pick up a piece of 22 gauge of aluminum sheet metal and fabricate what I need using tin snips.

Sheet metal: https://goo.gl/3LqVS7

moloch16 said:
Looks like I can pick up a piece of 22 gauge of aluminum sheet metal and fabricate what I need using tin snips.
Tell me the size you need, PM me your address and I can ship you out a piece of 5052 cut to that size. Will even throw in some 3/16" diameter solid rivets 3/8" long.

DaleH said:
moloch16 said:
Tell me the size you need, PM me your address and I can ship you out a piece of 5052 cut to that size. Will even throw in some 3/16" diameter solid rivets 3/8" long.

Dale thanks for the very kind offer!! I'm trying to get this installed in time for some Thanksgiving fishing so might have to go with what I can get my hands on locally for now. If that fails I will get back to you. Thanks again!!!

Latest posts