Circular saw blade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thia

Reaction score
Having got disillusioned looking on EBAYm Gumtree etc, I would like to rip some serious diameter Chestnut & Oak https://mechanicfaq.com/7-1-4-circular-saw-blades/ into posts on the old Reynolds bench (while I still have the parents place to use) but over the years the blade which has been used mainly for crosscutting firewood logs has seriously diminished in diameter and I am looking for something closer to the original 3 ft dia.

Does anyone have a blade surplus to requirements that they don't believe to be made of platinum or the last one in the universe ?? would cheefully retooth something with broken teeth near (or over) 3 ft, not too bothered about bore size as I can always open or collet the bore and surface rust rather than deep pitting is OK. I guess 1/8" or 3/16" ish thick - spent so many years working with bandsaws that I tend to think any blade over .016"is a bit thick.............

Not sure what I have in the swaps area specifically Fordson but all sorts of things otherwise old and interesting, or of course, beer tokens.

If you want something that will last you I'd bite the bullet and have one made with carbide teeth. As long as you're not using excessive feed rates it can even cut through an occasional nail. Also, if you damaged a tooth it can be welded and finished back to original and a new carbide tip silver soldered on and ground to the matching profile.

Latest posts