Winter project 14' mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggotts31

Reaction score
Bought this a little over a year ago(boat,trailer,2 trolling motors for $650), it is a mess then sat in my drive way and got worse. I finally decided to start messing with it today. Removed all the crap out of it hooked up new trailer lights. I've been looking at some of the other set ups here for years so here is my plan. Paint, up-grade to 80lb transom donate the curent 40 to some guy at a lake thats still rowing, fish finder, 2 batteries, lights, for night fishing, safety lights, radio. Couple seats, deck and storage. Time is the hardest part for me i work alot and my daughter plays travel softball. Primarily will be fishing little lakes in South Jersey. Any suggestions or recommendations or plain out dont do's will be greatly apreciated. I dont wanna spend alot of money on this either. The goal is to have it ready for spring. My 7 year old son will defiantly be part of this. I'll probably have to sneak out of the office while he is in school do get out on it solo lol.
30df8129d21242f421dbf1e96bfbf946.jpg
78c0a40ab3714703381202641f0bd1c9.jpg
716ddc64dd7d0d4b9bf7c2d7cee01c4e.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

ggotts31 said:
Bought this a little over a year ago(boat,trailer,2 trolling motors for $650), it is a mess then sat in my drive way and got worse. I finally decided to start messing with it today. Removed all the crap out of it hooked up new trailer lights. I've been looking at some of the other set ups here for years so here is my plan. Paint, up-grade to 80lb transom donate the curent 40 to some guy at a lake thats still rowing, fish finder, 2 batteries, lights, for night fishing, safety lights, radio. Couple seats, deck and storage. Time is the hardest part for me i work alot and my daughter plays travel softball. Primarily will be fishing little lakes in South Jersey. Any suggestions or recommendations or plain out dont do's will be greatly apreciated. I dont wanna spend alot of money on this either. The goal is to have it ready for spring. My 7 year old son will defiantly be part of this. I'll probably have to sneak out of the office while he is in school do get out on it solo lol.

Welcome, aboard!
Cleaning out all the junk made a world of difference.
IMO, I wouldn't worry about doing a major mod if time and money is an issue.
Get her water ready and enjoy!

jasper

We're in Cumberland County. Fish mostly Sheppard Mill, Maskil's Mill, Davis Mill, etc. Anything north of Vineland is North Jersey :mrgreen:

We have a little 12' with a trolling motor for the little lakes. I wouldn't even bother with storage. A cooler and a tackle box is all the storage we need.

Im in Cherry Hill area (still SJ) this is my 3rd jon the first 1 was just like you said(v-hull i didnt like so i gave it to a friends dad) the second had a casting deck and floor (it now rip in the bottom of lake). You may be right about storage but its not exactly what i want and like the idea of everyrhing being in a place so i can hook and go. Besides it'll give me something to do through the winter. Maybe ill see you out on the lake(s) i get down that way about once or twice a month in the spring

jasper60103 said:
ggotts31 said:

Welcome, aboard!
Cleaning out all the junk made a world of difference.
IMO, I wouldn't worry about doing a major mod if time and money is an issue.
Get her water ready and enjoy!

jasper
Thanks, its more time then anything Im hoping to be done paintimg this weekend so i can start playing with the inside. I'm slowly cutting back on the complex mod and starting to keep it more realistic.

:D Nice project! If you're gonna do all the electrical work to make it night fishing ready I'd keep that 40lb troller and mount it on the front on a small deck. Keep the depth of this narrow boat and put in an easily removable plywood floor over some pink hard foam for sound deadening(both for the kids). Floatation cushions for seats and take them kids fishin no matter how defiant they are :wink: ! They'll come around eventually!

Latest posts