12" Sears Gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMack

Reaction score
I had a 12' Gamefisher given to me a few years ago and its been laying in the bushes ever since. Finally got the itch to get it in the water. According to the HIN it is a 1979 made by Sea State Marine. Does that ring a bell with anyone? Anyways, I'm not planning to modify it too much, just get the seats remounted, fix a few leaky rivets and beef up the transom for a Johnson 15hp. I also have a Mercury 5hp that will push it but I'd love to make the 15hp work. I also plan to add a pair of transom launching wheels if anyone has experience doing that.

Going to paint the bottom, probably with welander, then up the sides with either welander or some other paint, then coat the interior with tuff coat for non skid/sealing/sound deadening. Let me know what you think!
Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• DSCN2397.JPG
    DSCN2397.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 412
  • DSCN2399.JPG
    DSCN2399.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 411
The TuffCoat rocks. I got a good 7yrs of mostly saltwater wear on my old glass boat. Should do as well on aluminum. All about the prep.

Latest posts