Help me identify this boat please?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sss

Reaction score
I was given a 14' aluminum semi-V boat yesterday by my older brother. It needs the transom board replaced and could use some TLC, but has no leaks. I'm excited to get it, will make a great project and a cool fishing boat for my 8 year old son and I to use in the Atchafalaya Basin.
He said it is titled as a 1968 Duracraft, but he suspects it might be a LoneStar. I haven't been able to find an exact match online. It has distinctive stern corner braces, crescent shaped gunwale bracing and hand hold bench ends so I hope it may stand out to one of you. The HIN tag is visible in a pic but I assume is illegible, or I wouldn't have the question. :wink:
I still need to make the 500 mile round trip to pick it up so I can't answer any questions that would require hands-on. Beam is 58", gunwales are 18" tapering to 15" for the transom. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_3185.JPG
    IMG_3185.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_3186.JPG
    IMG_3186.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 612
Couple more pics:

Attachments

• IMG_3184.1.jpg
    IMG_3184.1.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_3182.1.jpg
    IMG_3182.1.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 603
Thanks Jim! And thanks also for the quick response this afternoon to approve my registration.
I'm going through this forum's "Show Us Your Boat" pic thread and found one on page 111 that shows the same style gunwale braces! Similar transom design as well, I'm leaning towards Lone Star as the manufacturer after seeing that. :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436149500.692495.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436149500.692495.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 594
Pretty sure it is a 14' Lone Star Corsair, not sure on the year, they ceased production on the Corsairs in '57 from what I saw on Fiberglassics.
The bench seat hand holds are seen on the Corsairs and Commanders of the 1950's, but the spray rails for the Commanders went all the way to the bow. My spray rails , similar to the Corsair's, stop at the transition to the bow vee.
Awesome. :)
Sales Brochure from 1956, Corsair looks just like mine.

Attachments

• Lonestarb56004.jpg
    Lonestarb56004.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 591
You guys have an awesome site. So glad to have identified this hull. Excited to get it home and start work on it.
14' 150 lb semi-vee, this thing should float in spit and fairly fly with a 20HP outboard.
Not sure what my plans are yet, going to get it fishable and use it for a while. Those bases under the bench seats/floatpods are begging for a false floor though. Not a huge fan of dark color boats either. I think it needs a drain in the transom as well. Whatever I do, I don't want to add much weight.

Attachments

• 1956 Lone Star Corsair Brochure snip.JPG
    1956 Lone Star Corsair Brochure snip.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 588
Once you finish it, If you go to E Bay under Vintage Boat Decals, Look for a seller named Dave Shabestari. He can provide you with Factory type "Lone Star" decals to really make your boat stand out. And they are not expensive.

Latest posts