Jon boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdug

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Jon boat that will slip into my '03 Toyota Tacoma bed that has a Snugtop canopy.
We've got 40 inches between the wheel wells, which will accept the chine width found in a lot of different jon boats but a limiting factor on the beam at the gunnels is the latching mechanism for the back window of the canopy. There is 47 inches between the latch metal on each side. Many of the newer 10 ft. Jon boats are too beamy to fit in there.
For stability, I want the biggest boat I can slip in there on its bottom between the wheel wells. Maybe you folks can point me in the right direction as far as likely brands, used or new.
Thanks

Weldbilt would be my top choice. But they dont make a 40 inch. They make 1036,1236 Both with 55 in beams, 1242 and 1442's with 60 in beam. 20 inch sides and choice of 15 or 20 transom in those sizes if you order. They are welded and with .080 gauge. may have less ribs but their ribs are large. w.backwoodslanding .com to see photos
Lowe makes riveted jons in 1040 56in beam, 16 inch sides .043 gauge
1240 56in beam 17 inch sides .043 gauge
1440 Modified V 59 inch beam 19 inch sides .064 gauge plus 8 ribs
Tracker im not impressed with their construction. they are also .043 but i think lowe and alumacraft are built better in the same gauge.
Alumacraft riveted 1036 55in beam 17 inch sides .053 gauge
1236 55 in beam 17 inch sides .053 gauge
1436LT 55in beam 19 inch sides .053 gauge 135lbs
1436 55in beam 19 inch sides .058 gauge 180lbs

RUFFHUNTER,
Thanks for that summary... without the canopy on the truck my choices would be almost unlimited. It seems like all the current and most modern 10 foot Jon boats trend toward the wider beam. which is generally more desirable.
I will just be patient and one will turn up that will slip in there.... will probably have to be an older one.
BTW, I saw a refurbished Klamath Trailer Boat, 10 feet, nice wide bottom and high sides but a skosh too wide for the available space. Remarkable condition for a boat that is probably 60 years old. The guy selling it even had new replicas of the "Klamath Trailer Boats" logo stuck to the side quarters as they were originally.
DS

Thanks never heard of them, their boats look solid. I had an Tacoma like yours with 6ft bed. The bed was useless.

I knew I saw what you're looking for somewhere. Finally found it again. Go to DirectBoats website and look up their Waco 10' model 1432 Series Jon Boat. Lenght-10'--bottom width-32"-- weight-78 lb-- weight capacity 325 lb.-- max hp 3hp--- 47" wide. WAAAAY to little for this old guy but might be alright for you .

crappie777 said:
I knew I saw what you're looking for somewhere. Finally found it again. Go to DirectBoats website and look up their Waco 10' model 1432 Series Jon Boat. Lenght-10'--bottom width-32"-- weight-78 lb-- weight capacity 325 lb.-- max hp 3hp--- 47" wide. WAAAAY to little for this old guy but might be alright for you .
Crappie.... thanks for that info... I'm slow on replies because we are buried in remodel project for the smart half of this lashup. gdug

Latest posts