Grizzly 1548?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eightwt

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a Tracker Grizzly 1548T Sportsman with a 25Hp? Salesman told me the 25 rating was because of transom build. Any idea as to speed with one person and a little gear? Any warranty issues? Thanks.

Salesman doesn't know what he's talking about. HP rating is a function of the dimensions of the boat/transom and the steering layout. The transom could be built of balsa wood and it wouldn't change anything.

I just bought a brand new grizz 1648 SC...with a 40 hp Merc. I really like it. Actually looked very seriously at your rig..ended up going for a rig with a steering wheel though! I'm thinking the grizzly is a really good all around boat. Very pleased with the overall performance so far. The 1548 seems like a really well thought out fishing rig. Even has a horn, lights... all setup. A 25 hp seems to me like decent choice for a 15 ft rig. I think you'll be happy with it.

I ran one with a 25 HP Mercury a few years ago. With just me and my fishing gear I got 25 +/- MPH with it.

I ain't a fan of tracker anything, but the grizzly's are built like a tank. Slow/heavy, but tough to hurt.

Just keep an eye on the welds. They are mass produced and I've seen more than a few with cracked/poor/broken welds. Tracker will usually take care of it, BUT you have to find a dealer who's got the capability-and that dealer might be a few hundred miles from where you bought the boat from. They (non servicing retailers) generally have a specified servicing dealer for repairs.

^^^^^^
He is correct. I get more of them than any other brand combined to repair welds. It looks many times that they must be fabbing them in a first day welding school. Many of the Grizzley's won't have a false bottom but most of their boats that do after a few years use when you take them out for some reason many of the stringers will be broken in the center at the welds.

You can take an old SeaArk that has been beaten and banged that looks like it wouldn't float and remove the floor out of it and never find the damage in one of them you will with a Tracker.

eightwt said:
Thanks for the reply's. Don't want poor welds, will steer away.
Well full disclosure I own one. A 1448, but I spent almost a day on it rewelding and repairing places on it and the outside looked like brand new when I got it but it was about 10 years old. The PO was unhappy with it because he was a perfectionist and it had a few leaks. He brought it here and I pulled up the floor and it looked like most of them did and he did want to fix it.

I asked him what he wanted for it and bought it. So far I haven't had any issues since I went over it.

Latest posts