Had a chance to compare hulls today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf

Reaction score
There is a Weldbilt in the barn, was considering trading "up." Wanted a bit larger hull with prop tunnel.

Compared SeaArk vs Alumacraft side by side today new on the lot. Honestly, the Weldbilt is put together much better, big thick wide ribs closely set, way heavier framing than the two others. Then weld joints are a bit nicer on the other two, the interior finish is the best on the Alumacraft. The gunnel rail on the Seaark is excellent with the cap taking accessories and allowing them to be moved and adjusted, other than that, I couldn't tell much difference.

Depends on the models you were comparing too....but every SeaArk I've been in/around has been a tank. The difference becomes apparent once on the water. There are also little details that sometimes aren't visible. Neither is a bad boat by any means, but I've always been a big fan of SeaArk, particularly their bigger jons (1872, 2072, etc).

The interior finish of the Alumacraft is better, but, the top accessory gunnel rail on the Sea Ark is the game changer. The dealer/tackle shop has a well staffed shop only an hour away. That's worth the price difference to me. I figure the tunnel/prop hull will preform nearly the same. Sea Ark rigs a jack plate from the factory, don't know what brand. They also offer the built in fuel tank and storage boxes from the factory, those I had to rig on the other hull.

Now to sell the almost new fully rigged Weldbilt 1648 jet, lots of muskie and smallmouth rivers/anglers nearby. Somebody will want a fly-fish-friendly machine. Gonna paint the new hatch lids this weekend.

Latest posts