Guide on posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw mine on a crappy trailer a business using for sign. I bought them for $5.00.

I made mine from electrical conduit. They have curved pcs which helped get the width I needed. I welded it together, but you could bolt it on with some ingenuity

I bought a Shorelander side bunk kit for big $. I don't really use them either so I guess it was money wasted. :oops:

I bought a few feet of 1" & 1 1/2" pvc, a couple snap buttons, & a few bolts.
Cobbled together with a little scrap lumber, & voila, ghetto guide on. Think I have $15 into it (maybe).

I just need them for backing up the empty trailer, loading the boat isn't an issue for me,
they probably wouldn't last too long if they had to withstand severe impact.

Retracted:
2019-07-11 20.35.23.jpg

Extended:
2019-07-11 20.34.40.jpg

I had the ones shown below on the previous boat trailer. $60 for the pair including hardware. They worked well. What Kdgrills says about them being helpful when backing the trailer is right on. The tall posts make it easy to see where the back of your trailer is, especially the empty trailer.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 7.11.09 PM.png

Don't need them with a flat bottomed boat - dunno if that's what you're working with or not.

I’ve see some that look just like those pre made one from ce wtf they are but bade using a ladder stabiizer

onthewater102 said:
Don't need them with a flat bottomed boat - dunno if that's what you're working with or not.

I've got a flat bottom boat and it would be nearly impossible to get my boat centered correctly on the trailer without them. I launch and trailer in rivers and the current. The guides keep the boat on the right spot even with the current trying to push the boat off the bunks.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Side bunks work much better for smaller boats. Only big boats that require deeper water to launch need guide-ons to show you where the trailer is underwater.

Even though it is larger I have side bunks on the current boat trailer and like them a lot. Seem to center the boat really well. Of course, that is probably due to my expert adjustment of the bunks, just sayin. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

bigmofodad said:
I’ve heard of a ladder stabilizer being used to mont them

If you want to make your own I think that is a pretty good idea -- creativity at work. I guess my thinking is if someone has to buy all the parts including 1.5" pipe, brackets, u-bolts, and a ladder stabilizer then how close will you be to $60. Of course if you can source them for free then life is good!

Latest posts