Tm lay down?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
Dumb question, which way do u stow ur tm and why. Prop to outside of boat,left, or prop to right side. Any reasons why? I store mine to outside so prop doesn’t hit deck if accidentally turned on.

Over the side just after the bow point, so the front deck is clear when stowed. I would go right over the front, but the bow plate is too small to hold the motor by itself, and fastening to both the deck and plate is too uneven, it was easier to just go behind it over the gunnel.

Mine goes to the left side because I stow/deploy with my right hand.

I stow with the prop to the side that I'm least likely to walk on. But, most people mount so that the motor is angle to the port side when stowed...I never thought that made any sense and mount mine so that it is angled to the starboard when stowed.

How and why you stow it the way you do would have to depend on what kind of boat you have and how the TM is mounted. On my jon boat, I keep the prop toward the center of the boat because if is on the outside, it catches on the trailer guides when launching and putting the boat back on the trailer.

Attachments

• TM.jpg
    TM.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 553

Latest posts