Sea Nymph Bass Attacker or Bass Tracker Pro 17

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackXStarXWelding

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member here, thanks for the add! Looking for some advice on buying my first aluminum bass boat. I’m an avid fisherman, but I’m typically fishing from the banks, or surf fishing. I always wanted a bass boat and to be able to take my little girl out on the lake with me since she loves to fish too. That being said, I’ve found quite a few bass tracker boats in the $3500-$4500 range, and look to be in pretty decent shape. I also found a mid 80s Sea Nymph Bass Attacker that is clean and runs great and they’re asking $2500. I’m just curious on what you guys/girls would recommend and why. I actually like the more vintage look of the Sea Nymph and it looks more roomy for some reason...probably not as much storage? . But are the upper 1990s/ early 2000s Bass Trackers a better choice? Any help is appreciated👍🏻

Sounds as if you like the Sea Nymph.

If the engine is sound and no leaks, I'd get the Sea Nymph.

BlackXStarXWelding said:
Hi everyone, new member here, thanks for the add! Looking for some advice on buying my first aluminum bass boat. I’m an avid fisherman, but I’m typically fishing from the banks, or surf fishing. I always wanted a bass boat and to be able to take my little girl out on the lake with me since she loves to fish too. That being said, I’ve found quite a few bass tracker boats in the $3500-$4500 range, and look to be in pretty decent shape. I also found a mid 80s Sea Nymph Bass Attacker that is clean and runs great and they’re asking $2500. I’m just curious on what you guys/girls would recommend and why. I actually like the more vintage look of the Sea Nymph and it looks more roomy for some reason...probably not as much storage? . But are the upper 1990s/ early 2000s Bass Trackers a better choice? Any help is appreciated👍🏻

Sea Nymph makes a good boat.

Are you talking about the Deep-V Trackers or Mod-V? I have an 84 Tournament V17. It is a good boat, no leaks, but is pretty low slung and does not have much for deadrise. It's a little rougher and wetter riding than most Deep-Vs. I've never been in a Mod-V Tracker so I cannot comment on those.

Tracker boats are pretty low tier. Usually they are acceptable but I've heard that some are prone to cracking if pounded by waves.

Whatever you buy make sure you take them on the water before buying. You want to check for leaks and see what kind of shape the motor is in. Also crawl under and look over the hull really well, make sure the previous owner hasn't done any temporary repairs to get the thing sold.

Check the transom over good too. Give the motor a shake and check for loose fasteners. It's not a deal breaker but the price should reflect transom replacement if needed.

You probably have a good idea already. Tracker makes a decent production boat. I own a 2007 but they are not perfect. You should easily budget another $1000 to get the boat set up and to your liking. Don't think just because you spend a grand more that it will be "turn key".

Also you did not mention what motor is on the nymph. Trackers will be mercury which is fine and easy to find parts if needed. My tracker has an all aluminum transom which I much prefer. You might consider that in your two options. Again just time and money should issues arise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

thedude said:
You probably have a good idea already. Tracker makes a decent production boat. I own a 2007 but they are not perfect. You should easily budget another $1000 to get the boat set up and to your liking. Don't think just because you spend a grand more that it will be "turn key".

Also you did not mention what motor is on the nymph. Trackers will be mercury which is fine and easy to find parts if needed. My tracker has an all aluminum transom which I much prefer. You might consider that in your two options. Again just time and money should issues arise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mercs were not exclusive to Tracker until something like 1993. Prior to that you could get an OMC if you wanted, maybe others.

What I look at is which brand will sell best in my area when I get ready to let it go.

It is Tracker in my state...

The two best days to own a boat..... the day you buy it and the day you sell it. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone! The Bass Tracker is a mod-V I believe, not a standard V Hull fishing boat, it’s the one that looks more like a flat bottom. But the Tracker and the Sea Nymph both have 35hp Mercury’s on them, which is all I need since there are a lot of HP restrictions in my area.

I have had good luck with 3 trackers over the years. No issues at all really. My experience has been with newer models, 2010 was the first brand new one, and a 2019 grizzly. My first boat was a 94 tracker tadpole. A sweet lil 12' rig that was pretty, and caught everything that swam. I kept em all up well, and have had no problems. I really don't know what to say about the years you mentioned, but I do see alot of em restored and enjoyed.

Latest posts