Back in a tin boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingForSupper

Reaction score
Had to sell off my Ouachita 1448 two and a half years ago when we were able to move to Washington. Since then, it’s been rough not having a boat (although the kayaks helped, but they aren’t the same). Well, yesterday we picked up this 16 foot welded Smokercraft Lodge.

It came with a 40hp Mercury main, a 9.9 hp kicker, a trolling motor, two electric downriggers, Bimini top with side and front curtains, Columbia River anchor system, and a Garmin depth finder. He threw in some Kokanee and salmon rods, a bunch of koke and salmon tackle, nets, and life jackets. I’m pretty well rigged now for everything out here.

There isn’t much to do for mods, but I’m sure I’ll be asking questions since this is our first boat that isn’t a Jon boat with just a trolling motor. Luckily, the previous owner took very good care of it, and it hasn’t been in the salt yet. This is going to be fun

Attachments

• 095979F4-8F68-4F22-B01A-2DBCB85D11A2.jpeg
    095979F4-8F68-4F22-B01A-2DBCB85D11A2.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 571
That's really a nice looking boat! Enjoy!
I have a Smokercraft Pro Mag 16.5' I got last year and I like it.

Nice rig!

The first statement about being without a boat reminded me of the time I had a 1542 Grumman, 25hp yamaha 4 stroke. Liked it but it wasn't the war eagle I had wanted for years and years. So I decided to save up some money and buy that new war eagle. ORdered it, and in the meantime while they were building it (6-8 weeks out), I put the grumman on the market. First guy came buy and bought it on the spot, but I had to deliver it to him. Big deal. The next 7 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours and a few minutes were excruciating. Fish biting, had days off work, etc and no boat. Then one day I was kinda down from being boatless and watched the war eagle truck pull in with a 2372 on the bottom, a 648 in the middle and a 548 in plain jane green on the top. Figured they were stock boats and blew it off. NOPE the top one was mine. Talk about excited, other than the fact that I had to spend some money.

Latest posts