aluminum Brightener (miracle in a bottle)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff925

Reaction score
Shout out to Napa auto parts, aluminum brightener.

I Used it on my 1985 Gregor which i picked up over the summer and I’m sure has never seen a good scrubbing. I was skeptical but wow. Amazed with results with literally zero effort other than spraying, lket set for 30 seconds and rinsing. Gave her about 5 coats but results were amazing. it would have taken less coats if I worked from bottom uo, top down gives some streaks that required some additional coats. You can see the before and after in pics. no scrubbing whatsoever.

81458035_10221558793140713_8969018674811764736_n.jpg

81845563_10221597477787805_7254331030029467648_o.jpg

Wow, that worked really well. Your boat looks great. It sounds like in addition to oxidation the cleaner removed whatever pond/lake scum there might have been. I used some of the Starbrite cleaner on a previous boat and know what you mean about the streaking problem. I don't see any of that on your boat.

Anyway, you guys are really making me look bad. I like to think I've worked hard to give my boat that old unwashed aluminum patina. Haha

Yes, it took off all that crud. there is a few spots that have some tar specks behind the trailer wheels that it did not get but thats about all it left.

LDUBS said:
I also have a Gregor. Mine is the sportsman model.

If you don't mind me asking, what is that thing on the forward part of the hull right in front of the CF number?

This is my second one, a few years back i have same model without the split middle bench. the thing on the bow is a custom trolling motor mount the previous owner made. its pretty handy, helps makes up for the 600 wire splices that i removed when i rewired the boat lol.