Just for fun

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
Would like to know if anyone is interested in a photo contest???
I thank all would like to see pics. and as i said this is just for fun.

NO PRIZE................
If there is interest then we can make rules and time limits as a group.

I was thinking only 5 pics or less per. member and only Tinboat members vote.

So what do you all think?????????????

mike

Waterwings said:
Sounds good to me :) . Will there be various catagories?

It is up to us that enter. my view is no. just pics with date so no old pics will be used. But as a group we will make rules.And set time line for start and end date.
THE ONLY RULE NO BOATS OR FISH...........................................

In put please :?: :?:

caveman said:
Waterwings said:
Sounds good to me :) . Will there be various catagories?

It is up to us that enter. my view is no. just pics with date so no old pics will be used. But as a group we will make rules.And set time line for start and end date.

No boats or fish works for me. Anyone else out there have some input/suggestions. I think this is a great idea caveman has comeup with, and I like the idea about the dated photo(s) :)

Photo catagories could vary month-to-month. Suggestions: buildings/architecture, transportation (other than boats), wildlife (no pets maybe), sports/events, landscapes, etc, etc. Just some thoughts I tossed out there for consideration/further input :)

maybe a category on type of photo, macro/closeup, black & white, etc.

Are we allowed to 'edit' within reason?

There is a photo on this site somewhere that is one of the funniest fish pics I've ever seen taken by a member. Unfortunately, I might be the only one who thinks so. If I can find it, I'll post it.

Well...I realize that fish pics are exempt, but thought I'd share anyway.

Does this fish look like it's smiling to anyone else?

100_4085.jpg

Posted: Today, 13:17 Reply with quote

Well...I realize that fish pics are exempt, but thought I'd share anyway.

That is a :D face.Why don't you get in on this we need more members involved.
Waterwings said:
caveman said:
Waterwings said:
Sounds good to me :) . Will there be various categories?

No boats or fish works for me. Anyone else out there have some input/suggestions. I think this is a great idea caveman has comeup with, and I like the idea about the dated photo(s) :)

Photo categories could vary month-to-month. Suggestions: buildings/architecture, transportation (other than boats), wildlife (no pets maybe), sports/events, landscapes, etc, etc. Just some thoughts I tossed out there for consideration/further input :)

I like so the winner choose's next category

When i opened this tread i was only thanking a one time contest.But i am liking what i am hearing (reading) new category ever month sounds good to me.

As for Rules.

1. winner selects category for next month.

2. EDIT????
Only if original pic is posted and in reason?????(before and after) original doesn't count as far # entered.

Please feel free to add to or edit as this is just what i am reading in to what you all want???

Now how do we get members votes??????????????????

? on #2: If anything has been done to the original (post-processing such as photoshop, Gimp, etc), post the original and the finished pic? No problem with that at all.

The voting wouldn't be a problem. A new thread just for voting could be opened where the pics are not posted until a certain date, then have a closing date for posting them. Any members that enter would have their name listed in a poll-type thread where members could vote by clicking on the one they choose. 1 vote per member max.

Do most cameras have the built-in auto date imprint now? Not sure.

Waterwings said:
? on #2: If anything has been done to the original (post-processing such as photoshop, Gimp, etc), post the original and the finished pic? No problem with that at all.

The voting wouldn't be a problem. A new thread just for voting could be opened where the pics are not posted until a certain date, then have a closing date for posting them. Any members that enter would have their name listed in a poll-type thread where members could vote by clicking on the one they choose. 1 vote per member max.

Do most cameras have the built-in auto date imprint now? Not sure.

#2? Yes that is what i was saying i thank.

Most cameras do have date and time in the last few years (5 or so)

As of now we only have 4 that are showing interest.

So i will need help on voting and setting it up.are you in on helping me?

As far as jrotc . we need young people that know what that is...............And what it means =D> =D>

Oh, I have a great picture for the first contest, just saw it Monday night, but didn't shoot it yet. If the weather holds till Friday it should be an 'interesting' shot.

:lol:

wasilvers said:
Oh, I have a great picture for the first contest, just saw it Monday night, but didn't shoot it yet. If the weather holds till Friday it should be an 'interesting' shot. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing it! 8)

Loggerhead Mike said:
i like to judge :wink:

do cell phone pictures count? lol

Doesn't matter what type of camera is used, as long as it shows a date imprint on the pic. :)

Latest posts