1966 sportwin 9.5, no water coming out....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss christy

Reaction score
Bought the waterpump kit and changed everthing but it still wont shoot out water from the port. What do I check next? Put everything back toghether the way I took it apart, maybe wrong from the beggining or.....? Where is the thermosat?
thanks for any replies, been lurking here awhile

Push some weed whacker line up the pee hole. It might be plugged up.

Thanks for the replies, yeah I bent the splines the same as the old one. If looking at the impeller sitting in the housing, they were bent to go in a clockwise position. I'll try the weedeater line now as well.
Was that right, going in a clockwise position?

The thermostat is in a housing right above the pistons on top of the power head.

Did you put RTV on the bottom of the impeller plate? Not doing this will cause a no-flow condition as well. Does this motor have a tell on the lower cowling or does the water come out of the exhaust housing lower down?

It's the latter I believe. The pee hole is on top. There's an according type hose from the motor to the housing. I took off the thermostat and left it off, started and no water came shooting out. So i believe my problem is still down below. I took off the lower and checked all the waterways with pressure and water and they are all clear. Same for the upper part of motor. put regular water [no pressure] in the water ways from the open thermosat, and water came out of the pee hole, so no clogs up in there. maybe I messed up putting the impeller and plate on. I just copied what was there to begin with.
Does anybody have or tell me where i can see pics?
Also is the copper tube that comes down suppose to have play in it?
I can pull it down a couple of inches and push it up a couple of inches, but can't take it out.
Is it suppose to be free floated like that?
Thanks to any responses, wanted to get out on the water and fish this weekend :D

will do. i think i have a big problem with the copper water tube, the way it moves freely like tat. also when i shoot water up it under pressur, instead of coming out the thermostat housing it comes out in the hole where the drive shaft goes up into the upper part of the motor.

Just posting so if anybody has the same problem and does a search. It turned out that my copper watertube came disconnected from the powerhead. Had to seperate the clamshell housing, pull out the powerhead assembly, then disconnect the exhaust housing from the powerhead to reinsert the watertube with the new washer and o-ring.
Tomorrow hopefully i'll be successful getting back together and be on the water soon. :D

Latest posts