Spun Prop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrtyMrtn

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site.

I have a Evinrude 9.5 (1969). Just figured out my prop is spun. Should I replace it with a new one or should I have it rebuilt? Does anyone know a company that rebuilds them? If I buy a new one, should I buy one from Evinrude 8 1/8 x 8, I've found one at Propco 8 1/8 x 8, and I've found one from Quicksilver too, but it is smaller (8x7). Thanks for any comments.

Really enjoying this forum, I've gotten a lot of ideas for my 12' Valco. Thanx.

The one from Evinrude and Propco are the same diameter and pitch. The one from quicksilver is smaller in diameter and has less pitch. I would imagine you would lose speed with the one from Quicksilver. I would choose between the Evinrude and Propco ones myself.

You don't need to replace the prop! Go to your local marine store.They should know a place where you can send the prop off to be rehubed. Turn around on my prop was three days. Cost me $80 bucks. A new prop was going to be $120-150 dollars.

Try here $86 for a new https://boatpropellers.iboats.com/Evinrude-Outboard-Propellers/?rotation=Standard&pitch=8.50&chart=6&engine_id=19&session_id=601362904&cart_id=289691354one

Latest posts