Tilt/Trim Mercury

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrunner

Reaction score
I am having some continuing problems with the tilt/trim on my 93 40hp Mariner. It will not raise the motor again. It did this last fall the boat shop put on a used unit and it worked for awhile. Any ideas?

Start off by replacing the up solenoid on the motor. I will try to take a pic tomorrow of mine so you see what it looks like. Hard to describe but their are 2 solenoids(up&down) square in shape, mine were on the right side of the motor.they have a wire harness that plugs into the bottom of them and they are secured to the motor by a small bolt. Sorry not mechanically inclined to give a better description but I had the same problem on my 2000 40hp mercury and after talking to a marine mechanic and him showing me where they were, I replaced both of mine. If that doesn't fix it then i would suggest replacing the wire harness. That was the issue with mine. $50 for the harness plus labor and it was fixed. Hope this helps and I will try to get a pic of the solenoids tomorrow.

Tom

njtom did you get a photo any chance? Just want to get this fixed before the duck season. Thanks

Here ya go! The up solenoid is the one to the left and the down is to the right. Just unplug the harness from the bottom, undo the bolt and replace. Try this first.

Attachments

• 278.jpg
    278.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 632

Latest posts