2009 Tohatsu 9.8 Four Stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ober51

Reaction score
Guys,

Glad to be back even though I am boatless at the moment. I always look for deals in the area to get me back into some fishing/boating, and stumbled upon one.

I have a line on a 2009 Tohatsu 9.8 Four Stroke... what should I know about these motors? Anything to look for? What is a good price on something like that if it runs well?

Thanks and I look forward to doing more than lurking in the coming months.

I bought a 2007 Tohatsu 9.8 last fall and have had no problems. Tohatsu makes all Mercury outboards up to 20 HP and all Nissan outboards. I think they are great motors for the price, which is usually cheap. If that motor is in excellent condition I would say between 700.00 and 950.00 would be a good price. 950.00 is probably a little high but if it's in great condition it might be worth it to you.

the only problem i had w/ my 2008 was the cowl seal came loose. glue would not hold. i also had an issue with plastic in the carb but that was the result of a tree hitting the house and boat/motor.

I have a new 9.8 tohatsu and not really happy with it. Japan makes their motor approx 2 inches longer than the US, just make sure if it's not running like you think it should get back to me . or go to Iboat's and look for Paul or tohatsu Guru really that's his name. one other thing is the carb is somewhat of a problem needs cleaning often.
The Rocket Man

If you read the instructions and run the motor dry of gas if you aren't going to use it for a while you won't have a problem. Bought a new one last August and used it until there was to much ice on the lake and it started every time. Very quiet running motor compared to the old Johnson that I had. Now I have to quiet the rattles that I can now hear.

Latest posts