Evinrude Tracker 50hp Prop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalninm

Reaction score
My Basstracker came with an Evinrude Tracker 50 hp, but the prop is pretty chewed. I'd like to find a new one but when I search the best I can find is what is in this link....... https://www.crowleymarine.com/parts/12777.cfm
Any thoughts here? Should I go with 17" pitch or should I go down to the 15"?? Tach doesn't work on the boat. Working on getting that working but it's not there yet and it's pretty far down on the list. Any thoughts here guys?

You need to get a tachometer working before deciding on a propeller as all decisions are made based on the current WOt RPM of the engine with an average load onboard. Now...that sentence is a mouth full so to speak but it is one of the basic guidelines when propping a boat.
Get your tach working, find your RPM, and you can come in here armed with the correct information and get the correct propeller based on that.

" I have a XX ft. (brand/model)boat with a (brand/model)engine on it turning a (brand/pitch) propeller. I normally carry X number of people and (load) onboard and I am currently turning XXXXRPM at approx. XXMPH. What prop would you recommend that can improve performance?"

That is good base line information for determining where to head in the propeller world. Hope this helps