90s evinrude 25 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr1542

Reaction score
I am taking the power head apart and I am down to the rod bolts but I don’t have a socket or wrench that will go down on the head . I am pretty sure it’s a 12 point and I think it’s ether 8 mm or 5/16 but it has to be very thin wall anybody got any ideals on where to find and what size it is ? Or have done this and know what I am talking about lol

Mr1542 said:
I am taking the power head apart and I am down to the rod bolts but I don’t have a socket or wrench that will go down on the head . I am pretty sure it’s a 12 point and I think it’s ether 8 mm or 5/16 but it has to be very thin wall anybody got any ideals on where to find and what size it is ? Or have done this and know what I am talking about lol
It takes a thinwall, if you can't buy one take a regular one to a belt sander and make it. It isn't metric.

Pappy said:
It is a 5/16" 12-point.
Available as a special tool from an Evinrude dealer or on a Tool Truck usually. Snap-On makes a nice expensive one!
Thanks pappy it worked great I got the power head back to gather fixing to put back on the leg we will see

A set of thin walled sockets is a good investment early in life...saves a ton of headaches. I wish I had better tools earlier in life. I intend to fix that for my kids.

Latest posts