merc 25hp tiller 20" actual shaft length

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyr4efect

Reaction score
I am planning to put a new merc 25 efi ELHPT on a 1448 grizzly. It will have a mini jacker. I know the actual transom height is 17.5. I believe the jacker raises the transom 3". Does anyone know the actual length [ clamps to cav plate] of the merc 25? If its 20" that would work out well.

Unsure on the measurement but depending on how far back your jack plate goes will make difference on how high you can run your outboard.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yamaha gives the actual dimensions of their outboards in their rigging guides and service manuals.

Perhaps a call or visit to a Mercury/Tohatsu (since tohatsu is identical with different paint and stickers) dealer could get you what you need? Or...perhaps there's a downloadable service manual available for your particular motor. I haven't googled it much but I would think-based on the fact that there's plenty of pirated manuals out there sold by 3rd parties-it should be available.

Zum said:
Unsure on the measurement but depending on how far back your jack plate goes will make difference on how high you can run your outboard.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The mini Jack set back is 4". I cant quote the formula off hand, but I think its like 1/2" for every 3" back.

turbotodd said:
Yamaha gives the actual dimensions of their outboards in their rigging guides and service manuals.

Perhaps a call or visit to a Mercury/Tohatsu (since tohatsu is identical with different paint and stickers) dealer could get you what you need? Or...perhaps there's a downloadable service manual available for your particular motor. I haven't googled it much but I would think-based on the fact that there's plenty of pirated manuals out there sold by 3rd parties-it should be available.

Had a 60 yam tiller on my last boat. Their manual was great. Im buying the boat from Cabelas. I'll probably get the merc 25 from them also. They couldn't answer my question. Ive been looking for schematics'. I was hoping someone here might know.

Just got off the phone with Merc. For a 20" 25hp PT&T its 21.7 from top of transom mount to cavitation plate. So now we all know. Thx all.

Latest posts