Mercury Dealership Show Room motor stand

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldboat

Reaction score
Hi, I recently picked up this Mercury Dealership Motor Stand it holds 3 motors and easily rolls around. the stickers say it holds up to 600lbs.. I haven't been able to find any photos of another one like it. I just thought I would share it with you.. I plan to put 2 1958 Mercury Mark 75s and a 1961 Mercury Merc 800 FGS on it..

Attachments

• mercury stand 2.jpg
    mercury stand 2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,165
  • mercury stand 1.jpg
    mercury stand 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,165
Nice find. Now if you can run all 3 simultaneously on that stand I would be seriously impressed! Lol.
Great looking stand.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
Nice find. Now if you can run all 3 simultaneously on that stand I would be seriously impressed! Lol.
Great looking stand.

Thank you !! Weldorthemagnificent !! Now that would be very impressive in deed !! Lol.. I have a couple of the early cast iron Mercury stands and have been looking for a couple more that are affordable when I ran across this one about 2 hours away from me.. the price was right so I grabbed it... the seller bought it from a Mercury Dealership that was going out of business and the Dealer told him it cost them $1200.00 !! its quite heavy duty and made well... PS I'm longing to get started on my Aero-craft JCC project !!

Weldorthemagnificent said:
We are longing for that thread!

Thanks !! at least I'm not alone on this one !! Lol.. first step is get it on my other trailer and get it home !! then the work begins !! I'll defiantly keep posting photos of the progress.. cant wait to get started..

I had 4 of those that I threw out. I worked for a merc dealer way back when, then they sold off Merc and went strictly Yamaha. A lot of the Merc stuff was kept like the tools and some of the displays and signage but they let me keep the stands. Got tired of them being in the way and chunked them.

600 lbs. So that's a pair 25hp 4 stroke Merc's?

Pappy said:
Can only think of one better place than on a stand for three old Mercs!
Yes......teasing you!
Great find! Have also never seen one like it. Show us the engines on the stand when it is done.
Thanks Pappy !! I'll post some photos when I get them on it.. one of the Mark 75s I won't have in my passion until Spring .. hopefully I'll have the other two on this weekend.. they are a bit heavy to get then on it by myself Lol..

turbotodd said:
I had 4 of those that I threw out. I worked for a merc dealer way back when, then they sold off Merc and went strictly Yamaha. A lot of the Merc stuff was kept like the tools and some of the displays and signage but they let me keep the stands. Got tired of them being in the way and chunked them.

600 lbs. So that's a pair 25hp 4 stroke Merc's?
Wow !! that's sad you pitched them.. they are a bit bulky in a small area.. man those 25hp 4 strokes must weight a lot.. my Mark 75 60hp weighs in at about 178 lbs. and my Merc 800 FGS 80hp weighs in at about 195 lbs. !!!

Latest posts