Carb spitting gas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Givey1982

Reaction score
My 6hp SeaKing is spitting gas out of the port next to air/fuel screw. Link is attached to show what I am talking about.

Thanks for any ideas on what is causing this

[/url]https://youtu.be/nmCc0NFkA6w[/url]

I would guess that is the overflow/vent hole for the float chamber. Is the motor running ok otherwise or is it running rich? I'd guess the float is stuck in the down position or the fuel needle isn't seating good and it is overfeeding fuel and coming out that hole. However, I would think that would also be forcing fuel through the jets and making you run pretty rich.

Thanks

I am trying to get the carb back off. I don’t know how I managed to get it off before but I may have to blast it out. I just did a carb rebuild so I may have messed the float up. I reused the one that was in there.

Thanks again

Givey1982 said:
Thanks

I am trying to get the carb back off. I don’t know how I managed to get it off before but I may have to blast it out. I just did a carb rebuild so I may have messed the float up. I reused the one that was in there.

Thanks again

When you do, check your float setting by holding the carb upside down and blowing into the fuel inlet....you should not be able to force any air through it. Then flip it back to upright position and verify that the fuel inlet needle dropped with the float.

Latest posts