Anything in Central Illinois?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that idea. 10 and under hp, 14' max. A more accessible(financially) fishing tour.

Maybe, how much is an IL out of state license? I can't get in any here in WI. They all are closed to new members or too stuck up to include a tinboat guy. :roll: Funny I've outfished these guys on the same lakes... whatever.

If you get one going, and don't mind a WI guy- I'd be game.

Will

One can always start early spring at one of the power plant lakes or spring fed lakes. Clinton Lake, Spring Lake (South & North)
Sangchris Lake and Evergreen are a few that ice comes off early, that come to mind.

po1 said:
One can always start early spring at one of the power plant lakes or spring fed lakes. Clinton Lake, Spring Lake (South & North)
Sangchris Lake and Evergreen are a few that ice comes off early, that come to mind.

Since we can never decide what type of location to visit, what would everyone think of visiting an electric only lake, a HP restricted lake, and a no-restriction lake? My thinking is that everyone would have an advantage at one location, making it as fair as possible in the end.

It could be something like this:

Sangchrist in March (25hp Restricted)
Weldon Springs In June (Electric Only)
Clinton Lake In September (No Restrictions)

Everyone could pay a nominal per boat fee, with a percentage from each location going to an overall "Champ" that would be decided by highest total weight over the three tournaments. It would also pay out the remaining percentage to the tournament winner.

Just rough ideas here....let me know what you think. This isn’t limited to just IL people…anyone willing to make the drive is more than welcome. Oh, and this shouldn’t take the place of the Wisconsin/Illinois group outing, either. That was a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to visiting WI this year, work schedule permitting.

I like the idea of three very different lakes. Welden Springs will need some ideas one how to conduct a tournment don't they have a one fish limit. Maybe someone out there has some ideas or fished a tournment with a 1 fish limit. Of course it could be the tourney that was won by the one biggest fish. All three have campgrounds giving everyone the chance to get a feel and prefish the lake.

Any reason to fish is a good one to me, if you guys let me travel down and fish. I'd be interested in fishing a power plant lake sometime. They featured that on John Gilespie. Snow on the ground and they were catching fish on open water. Looked really cool (no pun intended)

wasilvers said:
Any reason to fish is a good one to me, if you guys let me travel down and fish. I'd be interested in fishing a power plant lake sometime. They featured that on John Gilespie. Snow on the ground and they were catching fish on open water. Looked really cool (no pun intended)

I've fished newton twice. That's the one on john gillespie. It's an awesome lake. I have a friend who stayed at the outdoor sportsman lodge a couple of times and says it's really nice also. I was planning on going over there in february feel free to come on down! Maybe we can have a wintertime tinboats tourney !

Need to come farther south. I live in the southern part of the state. Rend lake is about a hour from here. Forbes is another one about a hour away. Theres Crab Orchard and little grassy and devils kitchen lakes down by carbondale. Few state lakes close to me Sam Parr, Sam Dale and Beals woods.

Steve

Could always have our own version of what they do in Bath with the asian carp. LOL

Sadly, I so want to do that when I get a gas motor on my boat!

Gents,

New to the forum here, but what about Central Illinois at Lake Shelbyville? I live 45 mins north of there but it's an awesome lake with all kinds of possibility. So far I suck catching fish out there but that only gives me room to improve...

Any takers?

Latest posts