Motorcycle trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
When I am not fishing in the spring/summer/fall I can often be found riding my Harley Trike. For events that require us to camp we have a 7X16 v-nose that has Air, fridge, microwave and lights in it. Folding beds and tables makes for a real comfortable week in a campground.

For events that we stay in motels we just pile our stuff on the bikes and away we go. But recently we purchased a trailer to pull behind my trike. Used. The bare Aluminum was stained, The shinny diamond plate was too shinny for my liking. So I used what I have learned right here on Tin Boats and painted it black! :) Used self etching primer and rattle can. Might paint the white parts a dark orange later on. Not sure if the lid top will get painted or not.

Attachments

• mctxl1.jpg
    mctxl1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 2,529
  • mctxl2.jpg
    mctxl2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 2,529
  • mctxl8.jpg
    mctxl8.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 2,529
  • mctxl9.jpg
    mctxl9.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 2,529
  • mctxl10.jpg
    mctxl10.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 2,529
17 cubic feet of cargo space. Not as large as some, but plenty large. The Aluma trailers are on the lower side price wise. Some of the glass trailers get ridicules price wise. The carbon fiber ones are way out there.

Been riding bikes for most of the last 50 years and I've never ridden on or driven a trike and I've never pulled a trailer. Looks like it would hold a lot of stuff though.

very good choice in the trailer !!!
the best feature is those BIG LIGHTS !!! BE SEEN !!! WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES !!!

Michael, I am with you - - - Been riding bikes for most of the last 45 years myself.
My brother converted his Gold Wing to a Trike and loved it.
a year later, he gives the Wing to his wife and he gets a new Harley Trike (Lehman).
He let me use it for 3 months and WOW it is simply awesome !!!
But, I think I would be VERY uncomfortable pulling a trailer (of any size) with a bike.

I pulled a smaller Aluma back in 07/08 with my Ultra. Believe it or not you do not really feel the trailer if you load it properly. Swivel hitch on the two wheel bikes takes any binding from the hitch away. Run the tires at 25-35 psi. Very little weight on them. Just have to give yourself a bit of extra room for stopping, but not much.

I pulled a Bushtec trailer with my RK for a few years, lots of room and fairly easy to deal with except for backing into a spot :LOL2: . The only time I ever noticed the trailer was when slowing down, I could feel the trailer "pushing" the bike a bit but still very manageable.

Good paint job on the trailer. Enjoy. =D>

Latest posts