Leaf Spring Bushings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMO8853

Reaction score
I'm trying to source new leaf spring bushings for an old 1978 jon boat trailer and I'm having a hard time finding them. They are a two piece bushing (One on each side of the leaf spring eye) that has an outer flange on them. The outer flange thickness is 1/4", the O.D. is 7/8" and I.D. is 1/2". The leaf springs are the normal 1 3/4" wide, but the connection point to the trailer is 2". The difference is made up by this outer flange of the bushing on each side. Do any of you guys use these type? Is there an alternative style or type that I could use without replacing my hangers? Thanks in advance.

IMG_1819.JPG

I did find some bushings on ebay. Check the measurements to be sure they will fit.

I've bought poly bushings from this guy;
https://www.polybushings.com/pages/bushingsbysize.html

You might want to check out his chart and see if there's anything that will work.

Roger

Thanks for the info guys! I thought it was weird that etrailer.com didn’t stock the bushings and I was starting to wonder if I was the only one with these odd ball bushings

LDUBS said:
I was wondering if the "1/4 flange" had to be part of the bushing. In other words, use a standard 1 3/4" long bushing and use fat washers or something as spacers.

I spoke with Etrailer.com and they recommended the same thing so I ordered the 1 3/4 bushings and used some flat washers to fill the gap. Thanks for the tip!

TMO8853 said:
LDUBS said:
I was wondering if the "1/4 flange" had to be part of the bushing. In other words, use a standard 1 3/4" long bushing and use fat washers or something as spacers.

I spoke with Etrailer.com and they recommended the same thing so I ordered the 1 3/4 bushings and used some flat washers to fill the gap. Thanks for the tip!

I am repeating myself but find Etrailer to be a really good company. They have a great Q&A, a lot of "how to" videos, and a big accessible knowledge base.

Latest posts