Installing stereo on a boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbird68

Reaction score
I would like to put a stereo on my boat. There are lots of choices. I've narrowed it down to a Kenwood marine media stereo. No CD player. But undecided on how many speakers. I think I would be OK with just 2 speakers. One up front and one in the rear. I don't need to "Rock out". Mainly to listen to baseball games and music while fishing. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Have you looked at the radios that can be installed in gauge hole or just drill a 4 inch hole for them? I put one of them on my boat and take up alot less room, and seem to pretty water proof and doesnt need a cover like the others. i've got two speakers on mine and that is a plenty loud enough, i've got them mounted one off the front of the console and one off the side of the side console.

I installed the same Kenwoid Bluetooth marine stereo you are considering. Very easy install. It does not have a CD player so it is not very deep, which is a plus. I think it cost under $100. I have two speakers in my V8 jetboat “dog house” deck. I can talk on the wireless phone over the stereo microphone while fishing if I want razzing my friends that are at work! I would look at any stereo / Bluetooth speaker set up that required the least amount of holes/sawing.

The high notes do get a little lost while motoring along :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=27Q3f4y6at4

I was thinking of installing a stereo last year. I had a couple stereo's in the closet but, I decided to go with a blutooth waterproof speaker. I think it is made for bathroom shower use how ever it is pretty load and has an ok amount of bass also it comes with a large suction cup on the back and slaps right on and comes off just as easily. I don't want to rock the entire lake but i do enjoy a little music or a game on occasion. there are any number of cheap options mine was around 17.00 . Spend more and i am sure you could get more load.

I bought a cooler from Ice Chest Radios and it is pretty sweet for the boat. Water proof, 360 watts, Polk marine speaker and a AGM battery (jetski style) that lasts around 24 hours at full volume. It will also charge a cell phone. They are fully customizable and can go as big and loud as your wallet allows. The one 6.5" speaker in mine is pretty loud though.

I didn't want to cut holes in my boat, but I will probably end up doing it anyways because I like to get real loud sometimes, or maybe the campsite is 50' from shore and I need to hear it. So I will probably be installing four 6.5" speakers and a 10" subwoofer in my cubby up front.

To those who stated their displeasure for music on the water, don't worry, I don't want to be around you either :p

Thanks for all of your input. I'm leaning towards just two speakers. And I like the Kenwood also because of the Bluetooth connectivity. Nothing like scrambling under my console for my phone when the wife is calling.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I too like to have music or a game playing whilst out to sea trolling for bluefish or such ... but then there's no one around to bother with the music. In fact, some days ... the fish aren't even around #-o !

This is the install layout below that I used for 2 speakers and it worked out really well!

Attachments

• Radio.JPG
    Radio.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,166

Latest posts