New battery time?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albright1695

Reaction score
Accidentally left the switch on when I put my polarkraft on the trailer about a month ago and the cranking battery was dead as a doornail yesterday when I checked it.(no fishing for me today)Hooked up the charger and it keeps showing a "fault".Took battery out and topped off with distilled water but still same problem.Time to replace it?Any way to save it?

If the specific gravity of the battery is too low I believe you will find that a small charger (steady 15 amp output or less) will be unable to recover a charge in the battery. If you will use a charger that has a "boost" ability of 50 to 100 amps and "boost the battery for 60 to 90 seconds then turn the charger down to 15 to 20 amp charge most of the time the battery will recover. I have found that it takes that initial boost to "excite" the battery to make it take a charge.

Try this....hook up jumper cables from a running car for about 10 min. hook up the small charger and see if it will chg. Many small chargers will not start if the batt voltage is to low.

Frank

Latest posts