Trolling Motor Foot Switch by Big Foot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstender10.6

Reaction score
I am looking into getting the Trolling Motor Foot Switch by Big Foot from bass pro shops. Does anyone have this? I am wondering if it is good.
https://www.basspro.com/Trolling-Motor-Foot-Switch-by-Big-Foot®/product/16071/-186623

I've used them a number of times. They do what they say they do, and do it well.

Only reason that I don't have one on my present boat is that it is already foot powered.

One caution. ..be careful not to have your TM set on a too high of a power. When you step on the big foot switch, you can knock yourself off of the boat. They do not have a "soft start" setup.

I never could figure out why everyone doesn't use one, unless their foot control takes the place of one. Use it to just bump bump bump yourself along.
regards, rich

Lots of folks use them who fish electric only lakes to power the rear trolling motor(s) from the bow.

Yep, turn the TM on to the speed of your choice...( usually a lower one) and when you tap the switch..the motor accelerates...When you do not tap it ... the TM does nothing.

Most have a "bar" that can be swung up for long time running in an "always on" position, too. Bass Pro Cabela's and dozens of other places have them for sale. Rich

richg99 said:
Yep, turn the TM on to the speed of your choice...( usually a lower one) and when you tap the switch..the motor accelerates...When you do not tap it ... the TM does nothing.

Most have a "bar" that can be swung up for long time running in an "always on" position, too. Bass Pro Cabela's and dozens of other places have them for sale. Rich
Thanks. I was also concerned about if i could by pass the pedal if i wanted to run my motor for a long time... But I can see you already answered that question. thanks! :D

I love my Big Foot. Got mine last year at WalMart for $5 when they were remodeling the store. You might wanna check you local WalMart so you don;t have to pay for shipping from BassPro if you don't have one near by.

:twisted: I have one on my 16' Tracker for the past ten years. Its hooked up to my transom motor, the actual switch is up front. I use it in conjunction with my bow motor to get a total of 108lb thrust.

fish devil said:
:twisted: I have one on my 16' Tracker for the past ten years. Its hooked up to my transom motor, the actual switch is up front. I use it in conjunction with my bow motor to get a total of 108lb thrust.

Wow thats a lot of power. Do you only have it powered by trolling motors?

basstender10.6 said:
fish devil said:

:twisted: Got a 25hp Merc on it.

fish devil said:
basstender10.6 said:
fish devil said:

:twisted: Got a 25hp Merc on it.

Nice. What lakes do you fish?

Majorpede said:
So this switch mounts between the battery and the trolling motor?

This is the way I mount all of mine, with no problems. see pic below.
Make sure before you get out of the boat you turn your troll motor off, because if you or someone else accidently hits the button, your motor will turn on and break the prop or damage your boat or you.

Attachments

• troll motor switch.jpg
    troll motor switch.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,753

Latest posts