Dual Lowrance Setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhumbertson

Reaction score
So I decided today that I needed standard sonar to go along with the down scan imaging..... this is what I came up with. Hope you like it. Not to mention I've essentially created an Elite 7x HDI by putting a Elite 4x and Elite 4x DSI side by side. With this setup I get all the same features as the 7x for about $180 cheaper. I did have to create a trolling motor mount out of aluminum in order to mount both transducers, which wasn't that hard. Weatherman said it's going to be 60 degrees tomorrow here in Maryland..... I'll be out fishing tomorrow to test this setup out.

Attachments

• Lowrancex23.jpg
    Lowrancex23.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 512
  • Lowrancex22.jpg
    Lowrancex22.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 512
  • Lowrancex21.jpg
    Lowrancex21.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 512
  • Lowrancex2.jpg
    Lowrancex2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 512
looks good but i have a fear that you mount is gonna get hung up in the grass a lot good luck
is the down image ducer going to clear your prop or is it just the angle of the picture??

What would happen if you mounted one of the transducers pointing out to the side rather than the bottom. Would you you be able to see suspended fish as you turned the trolling motor?

Big Iron said:
What would happen if you mounted one of the transducers pointing out to the side rather than the bottom. Would you you be able to see suspended fish as you turned the trolling motor?
Yes it will work like that. I helped a buddy do this on his triton bass boat. the only problem is that you must be stopped to use it if you want to see something not in your line of travel. works well for going down a bank though, just takes a little bit of a learning curve to diagnose the screen

Latest posts