Batteries for boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloGrownFlats

Reaction score
How many batteries should I run for my boat?
I have a 700 gph bilge pump, livewell, radio with 2 speakers, trolling motor, 12v cigarette adapter (spotlight) , led rope courtesy lights, and Nav lights. My motor is an old 15 hp Tohatsu 2-Stroke. Don't believe it has an alternator so it wouldn't be charging the battery back up. Could I get by with 1 deep cycle for TM and 1 for everything else or should i go 2 for everything else? I'm booking it all up to a switch panel with fuses built in and then running switch panel power to the battery.

Hey... I am going through something similar right now and looking into getting a new battery. I would say if you can afford two large deep cycle batteries, then go for it. Right now I have a 90 amp marine battery to run my trolling motor, nav lights, deck lights, and cd player. (I use a small re-chargeable battery for my fish finder.) I have never come close to draining that main battery from a day out on the water. The only things you listed that you may constantly run are the TM, cd player, and nav lights at night. Everything else is occasional use, although it's always nice to have an extra battery for those what if situations. I personally am looking for a new deep cycle battery because the small re-chargeable battery is junk and not holding a charge anymore. I figured with 2 large deep cycle batteries, they should be able to hold anything I throw at them, as well as have a nice back up just in case.

Latest posts