Double battery box

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New River Rat

Reaction score
"Knowledge is knowing where to find it."

That's why I'm here. I'm wondering about a dual battery box for 27 series batteries. I'm searching the innerweb right now, but I'm sure someone here has an idea of a box to store two batteries.

In the boat I just bought, I have a center console. The helm seat is on a box which
holds the 2 batteries I’m using for my trolling motor.

Maybe two regular battery boxes bolted together with a spacer??? You might consider using nylon bolts and nuts. I used to buy 1/4 20 bolts of various lengths at a hobby store.

richg99 said:
two regular battery boxes

Rich, that's how I'm leaning right now. I have one, I'll buy another. My batteries are tight under the casting deck and exposed (i.e. no boxes, just a ratchet strap). I'm thinking take the hand grinder to the front of the bench seat and place them there. I'm still pondering.....

I've removed the starboard 1/3 of the center bench seat for an "old man's" walkway. This is a frontal rendering.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,221
If you don't need boxes with covers, these work great.

51bmD19hA0L._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Battery-Tray-Dbh27pdp-Holder/dp/B000XBHNEM/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1511197427&sr=8-26&keywords=BATTERY+TRAY

I was scrolling through the TAP Plastics website for something else and saw an item about them making a battery box out of 1/4" PVC sheet. The one they made held 6 batteries. Anyway, it reminded me of your question about a double batt box. Looks like making one out of PVC sheet might be an option.

Latest posts