TM slippage

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
My MK 50 and one owned by a fishing buddy have a nasty habit of slipping down deeper into the water despite tightening what I consider a "reasonable" amount of torque not wanting to crack the housing. Has anyone come up with an elegant solution to the problem?

I had a Motorguide that insisted on slipping. I used a machined collar that comes in two pieces that are held together by two countersunk allen head screws. I set the depth where I want it and clamp it down. Worked great. My trolling motor was a
a Pontoon style though.

eshaw said:
I had a Motorguide that insisted on slipping. I used a machined collar that comes in two pieces that are held together by two countersunk allen head screws. I set the depth where I want it and clamp it down. Worked great. My trolling motor was a
a Pontoon style though.

Yeah, I got a SS collar on Ebay it seems to work (haven't had it on the water yet) but since all the weight of the TM is on it after the TM's factory collar starts to slip it got tougher to steer. If I loosen the TM nut it's a BREEZE to steer. Maybe I'll just remove the TM wing nut.

Latest posts