Fish finder setting help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifish1002

Reaction score
I need help setting up my settings on my Lowrance Elite-9 Ti..I have a 15-52 Alweld flat bottom, I mounted the transducer on a bracket so I can adjust the transducer lower or higher if needed..I’ve taken the boat to small ponds but I don’t know the best setting for the finder..I just want to be able to see and identify structure and fish..please help

In most cases they work great right out of the box, only thing you would change is the sensitivity and chart speed. As as as your transducer being able to adjust is is up to you but they are usually mounted and then not raised or lowered.As long as the transducer is going straight up and down likely be o.k but if the transducer angle is changing that would cause you issues. If mounted right they will read at all speeds. Ive played around with my finder and messed it up, a reset to factory works will and gets you back to the beginning again.

The fish finder out-of-the box will perform great without having to adjust anything. Just answer the questions during the setup and then you are good to go, the unit will automagically adjust itself for the conditions you're in without having to touch anything.

How deep is your pond? If the pond is like the ones we have around here which is shallow and full of various grass and weeds, you might not see what you are expecting to see. Once you get shallow with a bunch of clutter in the water it's hard for the fish finder to show a lot of details no matter what settings you use.

Latest posts