Lowrance Elite TI outboard interface

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryRN

Reaction score
Howdy all
I am hoping the experts on this forum may be able to help with a couple of questions. I am looking to upgrade my sonar the Lowrance Elite 9 TI. Besides jumping light years ahead of the current gps chart plotter that I have, I am really interested in the interface capability that it has with outboard motors. The ability to get some diagnostic info on my motor performance (rpm, fuel consumption, water pressure, hours...) would be a bonus feature.
My outboard is a 2014 Yamaha F70. The publication from Lowrance states it will interface with the F60 and F75. Its curious that there is no mention of the F70 since it is essentially a supped up 60. When I contacted Lowrance, They acted as if they had never heard of the F70.
Questions
Does anyone on here have an F70 interfaced with the Lowrance Elite system?
How difficult is it to make the connection between the Lowrance and the outboard?
Are there a lot of additional components that must be purchased to make the interface work, or is it a simple cable connect from the motor to the back of the unit?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Latest posts