• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cadillac Boat Parts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landcruiser89

Reaction score
Trying to track down some original boat parts for my 1957 Cadillac Daytona 116. When I first got the boat I was planning on ripping seats out, adding decks, etc but after discovering what kind of boat it was and the fact that the 16 foot is on the rarer side I decided that I would rather try to bring it back to original shape. Time and previous owners have been hard on it so it will not be a perfect restoration but just wanted to do what I can to preserve a little bit tin boat history. I finally was able to strip the paint off, which was a job I started in 2015 and sidelined the project due to the frustration of the layers upon layers that it was coated in. Will never make that mistake again!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Anders

Welcome Aboard, Anders !!

I have started collecting photos of double cockpit boats for ideas of modifying my Crestliner.
I ran across this '59 Caddy a while back. It may give you some ideas. It also has my favorite motor.
ENJOY THE RIDE !! (and you are warmly applauded for wanting to keep it somewhat original).

1959 Cadillac Daytona.jpg

Thanks for the welcome Johnny. That is what mine looks like sans cockpits and front cap. I believe I may have a utility version which is fine by me. I just wanted something I could do a little fishing from and pull up on a beach and not worry about it. Transom is ripped out and I will be rebuilding it here pretty soon. While the boat I plan to keep original, the motor is another story. I picked up a 1985 Yamaha 40 hp a few years ago with a jack plate so it should get me from point A to point B pretty quickly. I will be sure to start a build thread after I get all the paint off. I sure do like the two tone polished/bare aluminum on that 1959 Cadillac though, hmmmmm

Latest posts