• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Johnson 15hp carb

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_walters

Reaction score
Looking to replace the 9.9 carb on my 1988 Johnson with a similar year 15hp carb. Let me know what ya got. Located in Mooresville, NC

C_walters said:
Looking to replace the 9.9 carb on my 1988 Johnson with a similar year 15hp carb. Let me know what ya got. Located in Mooresville, NC

I'm trying to buy an early 80's model 15hp Johnson parts motor (mainly for the lower unit). Having trouble getting on the same page as the seller to be able to go get it though. But I may be interested in selling the carb after I get it.

Does your '88 model have the plastic topped carb? This one would be the old all metal style but as far as I know they should swap and perform the same. I think the plastic topped ones were made for "easy" cleaning since you could clean the idle speed passages by just removing the top which saves removing the recoil starter plus carb. I'll let ya know if I get it. Feel free to pm me.

Latest posts