• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

All electric boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomatime

Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase or put together a electric jon boat for reservior fishing. Can someone point me the correct way to purchase a electric outboard engine or jon boat already equipped with an all electric engine. I prefer atleast 5hp and up with a 15 ft or more jon boat.

There is a company named Torgeedo that makes electric outboards up to 80 hp, but you better have real deep pockets or access to a Gov't loan program. See if they will fit your need.

If you wanted to make a home made kit, you could do like they do with mud motors and attach a 5 HP electric motor to a direct drive shaft, add a prop and batteries to your liking.

How fast are you looking to go, with a light rig I doubt 5 HP will be enough to get you on plane with all that battery weight. I'd think that 1-2 HP will get you moving at hull speed and make those batteries last longer too.

The company Torpedo makes a 5 or 6 HP electric outboard, I saw one today on Boat test .com

They claim it moves the pontoon boat along at about 5-6 MPH.
https://www.boattest.com/review/sun-tracker/3300_bass-buggy-16-dlx-et

Latest posts