Does anyone use lights on 12v batteries?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most smaller boats use the cranking battery for the power supply for lights. What lights are you talking about? Nav lights, anchor lights, cockpit lights for nighttime fishing?? Need some more info so someone can point you in the right direction.

just use any 12v source you have, whether it be the TM or cranking battery. LED lights will not drain the battery as quickly, depending on the distance you may have to travel to your fishing spots.

The boat I am modifying now will run off 12v. I'm trying to design it where the lights can go underwater since I will run lower lumens with the LED's than other types of lighting. By going underwater, I can eliminate the reflected light off the surface of the water. Think flounder gigging.

Here's my setup for gigging:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=22675&p=231163

Also supplementing these lights, are a set of Aqua signal docking lights mounted in the prow of my boat. They use MR16 LED's, which have the same intensity as a 55W halogen, with a fraction of the current draw.

Latest posts