Mounting Lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whistler

Reaction score
I have to use my boat for everything so any permanent fixtures is not an option. I'm looking for ideas on mounting bowfishing lights on the gunnel of my boat. I was originally thinking of keeping them single and having a simple clamp bolted welded to each light or something of the sort that I could then mount right on the gunnel. That would give me the flexibility to move them around as needed. anyone got any ideas or pics of mounts or clamps that can be put on or taken off easily I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bowfishing+boat+lights+for+sale&biw=1051&bih=579&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIkK3o_IihxwIVhowNCh3UuALn&dpr=1.3#tbm=isch&q=bowfishing+boat+lights+on+jon+boats

Whistler, I feel the same way with you. I have not come with a system yet. I have to put in the front deck first but here are some ideas you can look at. Be shure you use LED lights because they draw less current from the batteries. Good luck with your project.

I took a look at many of the boats and it appears most of these boats are single purpose units or the lights are mounted to a rail or platform. Hard to tell for sure but they didn't appear to be what I was thinking of or hoping to find. Thanks for the effort.
I'm going to speak to a friend in a few days. He's awful good at coming up with ideas, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Did you click on the pictures? If you do it will some times show you how to fab the particular mod. Don't give up on those pics, they can be valuable. The whole point of the post was to show different ideas and maybe you could adapt one for your purpose. A picture of your boat would help. I will try to find one to show you.

Make a system out of PVC to pt your lights on and strap them with the tie up system and the oar chocks. removable and easy to use.

Sorry fellows for not getting up here before now and getting back with you. My boat is a LOWE and it has the rail around the inside of the gunnale. I drilled a hole that would accept a 5/16 carriage bolt heads behind the rail. The square shoulders lock it from turning and I have made a bracket to mount the lights. I can slide the carriage bolts along this rail and add more lights or move up and down the rail as I need or move them to the other side if I desire. I think it will work out OK. If I could stop this honey dew stuff this project would be a lot faster!

Latest posts