"Pond X strikes again(new PB)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00 mod

Reaction score
Went out to "Pond X" with a buddy again on a cold March day, started off with my buddy catching a dink on a suspending jerk bait. Though oh no, they are gonna be hard to catch today. With the temps in the low 40's and rain for the past couple days, we didn't expect much but to have fun! Typically catch them on spinnerbaits and plastics, I threw a white 1/2 oz spinnerbait for a while and missed one! He switched quickly to a soft plastic and caught another small one. Went about an hour or so and nothing, so i decided to tie on a Reaction Innovations sweet beaver green pumpkin/red flake and within 20 min BAM, I hook and land my new PB, weighed, took pictures and released to be caught another day! She weighed 8lb 9 oz. ( checked twice ). Didn't catch another fish all day, but we didn't care! Now for the pics.....

3/30/2011
"Pond X"
44 degrees
Shimano Curado
7' MH/F
12lb Yo-Zuri Hybrid
1/8 oz unpegged T-rigged Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver Green Pumpkin/Red Flake

photo-15.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo-13.jpg

Double post move....

and Pond X looks fishy as all get out!!!

WOW! Super nice fish! Hmmmm...I wonder how far it is from here to Memphis? Certainly would be worth a road trip for fish like that.

Seriously, though -- congrats man! :beer:

Thanks for all of the compliments guys...this place has been absolutely on fire this year! A week and a half ago Caught these 2 off of a bed.......back to back casts right off the bank! I think there might be a DD come out of this pond this spring, and I hope to be the one that catches it!
Jeff

Forgot to post these last week as "Pond X" big bag! These were the 2 kickers of a 24lb+ bag! 5lb 1oz and 7lb flat!

DSCN0617-1.jpg

Nice fish.
Is that pond about as big as what we see in the picture?
If so thats a monster in that small pond.

Its about 20 acres total! Pictures dont do this place justice.......IT IS AMAZING!!! It is actually a naturally spring fed pond! If it were mine, I'd fish it everyday! Only about 45 min from my house...... Topwater bite is really good normally the first and last hour a day when its warmer out.....this was our first trip not catching anything topwater, and I equate it to the colder air temps!
Jeff

Wow! great fish.. cool pictures... You know I was just thinking, Memphis isn't all that far from St. Louis, and I wouldn't mind having a Tenn. fishing license.......... Hummmmmm. boy I wish I knew where that pond was...... If I were you man, I would guard that location with my life.
A great find...
Peace

Dude, that is a hog! I don't know if we get many that size this far north, but I'm on the hunt this summer. That fish is inspiring.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. Guess I should have mentioned that it is a private pond in the middle of a friends 1100 acre farm. It's pretty well guarded secret and it has little to no pressure. There is about 6 people that have permission to fish it and only 3 do so regularly. I'm on the hunt to join the dd club this year and if my luck continues, I think I might do it. Wish me luck!

Latest posts