Cobbosee 2008

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Took my annual trip up to Maine to fish lake Cobboseecontee. This year we stayed at Yukon Cottages and it was awesome. We didnt get many fish, but we did not get skunked. The cottage we stayed in was rustic, clean and peaceful, Exactly what a fisherman would want. The front porch gave you an awesome view of the lake, and at night with the full moon...You could not ask for anything more. The boat was no more than 8 feet from the cottage. The Loons would wake us up at the crack of dawn. I can not wait to go back next year. As for the fishing, the only 2 things we could get bites on were X-raps (goby and black/purple) and jdbaits 4 inch sticks (the pickerel and a bass). The bass were on beds and were easliy spooked. I would sneak into a cove and I could see the bass doing the nasty :LOL2: and swishing up dirt from the bottom. So next year I am thinking 1 week later.

Here is a link to the pictures from the trip: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/images/thumbnails.php?album=115

IMG_0574_%28Medium%29.JPG

First, great pics.
Second, you werent defacing the dock you were marking your territory.
Third, That beer looked really good!
Glad to here you had a good time and not getting the skunk!

jkbirocz said:
Looks like an awesome time. I want that goby colored x-rap. You look like a pro in that frog tog suit 8)

My friend taking the picture said I looked like an idiot. The Temperatures were mid 60's with wind. After a few hours it would get numbing. The frog togg suit was amazing in blocking the wind. I have never believed it was really like that.

Those are some nice pics, especially of the smallmouth. Great colors on those smallies.

Looks like a sweet body of water, was that a size 8 xrap? Also please tell me you dont drink michelob :-& . Oh yea nice fish as well that one smallie was thin as could be tho.

slim357 said:
Looks like a sweet body of water, was that a size 8 xrap? Also please tell me you dont drink michelob :-& . Oh yea nice fish as well that one smallie was thin as could be tho.

X-rap was the xr-8 size? The smaller size.

Yes it was michelob. They were actually pretty good. We were mixing them with Sam Adams Summer Ale!

Latest posts