Not much but no skunk

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Launched about 5:15 and headed straight for 45 FOW north near the stacks. One man boat handling today, to put it bluntly, sucked. Just enuf current and wind to make it difficult to say the least. Decided that 40's wasn't working for me so I pulled lines and when I saw all three were fouled (must have dragged bottom on a sloppy turn) I thought I would run to just south of the stacks and reset lines try it again. Wise choice. Reset my lines and moments later my SWR with a Hey Baby down 25' went off. Landed a 2.75 lb Coho. It was a while later, but still in 40-48 FOW I picked up another Coho, this one a 3 pounder, again on the same rig. First one was on a North troll and the second on a Southerly heading. Surface temp was 57

Ended up 2-2, both 25' down with Hey Baby on SWR. Changed rods from the 6' heavy action broom stick to a proper down rigger rod. Hopefully this will reduce the number of fish that come unbuttoned.

Not a lot happening out there as evidenced by more radio checks than fish reports.

July_1st002_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

Nice fish...you must be a heathly guy eating all that salmon.Great job.

Latest posts