Gone Fishing This Morning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Got out this morning for what turned out to be a pretty nice day weather-wise. Picked up 4 trout by 9:20. One was decent. Water temp was 54.5 deg’s. I am still trolling fairly fast at 2.6 to 3 mph. Lures were at 4’ to 6’ OTW. At 4’ on my DR counter, the release is just barely below the surface. Water was clear. I used bright silver spoons.

Then, the wind died and the bite dried up. It is best to have a decent ripple on the water in these conditions, but there wasn’t even a shiver. In fact, this may be the calmest I’ve ever experienced on a lake. The reflection photo below will give you an idea of how calm things got.

I decided to pack it in about 10:45. By the time I got to the ramp, the breeze was picking up again. I’ve noticed this before at this lake. The breeze will die down mid morning then pick up from a different direction after a while.

Cam 12-18.jpg
Cam Reflection 12-18.jpg
Cam Cleaning 12-18.jpg

richg99 said:
Better than I did it the other day. No bites, no nothing.

Well done.

Thanks.

Usually the formula holds that works one day will work the next day. Unfortunately, we all encounter those times when what works gangbusters one day is a complete skunk on the next day. I usually get stubborn and don't change things up as soon as I should. I think you said it before -- the fish are there and they want to eat. We just have to give them what they want. See, I do pay attention! haha

Latest posts