Tackle Giveaway

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Many years ago a member here put out a call for fishing equipment for a "get kids out fishing" project sponsored by his church. I am culling some of my fishing stuff and am interested in finding a similar kind of program to contribute to. I have mostly crank baits but by the time I gather it all together will probably have a little of everything. Within reason, I am willing to pay CONUS postage.

This needs to be for some kind of charitable use. I know we always need/want more tackle but I'm just trying to downsize and share the love. PM me or answer here if you know of such a project needing tackle donations.

Thanks.

Years ago, I did the same thing.

I was able to find a local Summer-Camp-on-a-Lake organization. They took disadvantaged kids to the camp for a week or so. Fishing and boating were part of the program. I was able to offload ten or so rods and tons of lures.

Guess I ought to do it again. My gear has started to inbreed and multiply once again.

I'm sure you have a local boy scout troop that would be glad to have it. I know the troop I'm in charge of there are two boys in particular that really like fishing, both are in house holds that don't have a ton of income. We always have a christmas pitch in dinner combined with the boy scout troop and cub scout pack. I always gift some tackle I'm not using, rod, or reels as well that I manage to accumulate that I'm not using to the boys that like fishing. Maybe some troops might not need it that are more well off, but I'm sure you wouldn't have to look hard or long to find some place that would be glad to have it, that you wouldn't have to ship to.

Latest posts