Shimano Stradic Vs Shimano Sustain

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I got the new BassPro 2015 catalog and while on the throne I was trying to compare what the difference is between the Stradic and Sustain for the extra $100 or so bucks. I'm sure the Sustain catches bigger fish, it has to for sure.

Anyone?

From what I've gathered the biggest difference between the two is this "magnumlite" C14 spool n rotor... Thats on the Sustain.
The Sustain has one ball bearing more with 8 vs the 7 in a Stradic.
The Sustain retrieves line a little quiker w/ a higher gear ratio getting 30-41" per crank vs the 29-37" on the Stradic.
Other than that, that big handle on the Sustains got my attention!

Nope.
Ive had a couple Stradic FGs in the past.
Theyre great. Dont get me wrong...
But w/ all the saltwater Im around, they unfortuntaley take a turn for the worst, and start corroding, so Ive come to terms w/ just buying midrange, $75 avg cost reels that aways I just throw em away 2 years....

I have 3 stradics as loaners and 1 ci4 stradic for my personal use.

I don't see the need for the sustain with the new ci4. It's so light! Pulled in a dozen 30 inch reds with it and the drag worked well.

I have 2 older Sustains, LOVE them. I played with a new one at a Field and Stream and I wouldn't give you the Stradic price for it. I'd go Stradic or CI4+. Myself, I'm either going with a JDM Stella or a Rarenium CI4+

Latest posts