Knots Animated

Talk about lures, plastics, lines and everything related here.
Bugpac

Knots Animated

Post by Bugpac »

Here is a great animated knot tying site..

Animated Knots

Click on the type of knot to see the animation.

Bugpac

Knots Animated

Post by Bugpac »

Here is a link to Brines preferred Braid to mono Knot as well.. Braid to Mono
Brine wrote:Last trip out with BugPac, I meant to show him this knot and figured the rest of the site may be interested as well. Take note, this knot excels at joining 2 unequal diameter lines together such as similar pound braid to mono/fluoro.

Yes, there are others...and I've tried several. I like this one the best. I've NEVER had it fail and I can tie and trim it in 35-45 seconds. I first used this knot joining 60# braid to 60# flouro leaders in the surf on the Panhandle for long distance casting 3-4oz weight and bait. Typically, this knot would be buried on a spinning reel with 5-6 wraps around the spool. Once casted, it had to make it's way from the spool through 11 feet of surf rod guides and then launched 70-80 yards.

https://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/knot1.html

Andy

Knots Animated

Post by Andy »

Good post Bugpac.
I tend to use the Palomar and the Rapala knots more than anything.
No, I REALLY would rather be fishing.....

BassAddict

Knots Animated

Post by BassAddict »

For most knots i use the improved clinch knot, which is easily tied with only one hand!!! For the mono to braid ill usually use the albight knot, but next time i think ill try Brines mono to braid knot which dosent look much different from the albright!
Two stroke isn't enough, four strokes is way too many!! Image

bassassassin8

Knots Animated

Post by bassassassin8 »

Nice site =D>

I just stick to palomar or rapala knots as well. Nothin' beats em.

When it comes to tying mono to braid, I tie a uni-to-uni knot.

bear7625

Knots Animated

Post by bear7625 »

Great site, I need all the help I can get. :lol:

breachless

Knots Animated

Post by breachless »

I have been tying the same knot my whole life and never had a problem... I don't even know what the knot is called, but it's a pretty basic knot.

Anyway, it's always been fine, but this year I spooled up some P-Line Fluorocarbon line on my spinning reel for worming in the clear lake I fish near my home. The first thing I noticed was that the knot I usually use to tie braid or old fashioned mono slips right out with the Fluorocarbon line when I cinch the knot down!

I made some adjustments to the knot based on the advice of a buddy, and I thought all was good after catching quite a few small to mid-sized bass.

But wouldn't you know it? Saturday morning I was out and hooked into the biggest bass of my life, and after toying with me for a few minutes, he pulled the knot right out! This thing was a monster: I have never been more upset in my life while sitting in a boat. I was dumbfounded. I now have zero confidence in my knots.

Has anyone else had this problem? You would THINK that Fluorocarbon would behave much like Mono would, but apparently there is something very different about this line. Any particular knots you guys can recommend to avoid my knots slipping out on any more "fish of a lifetime"? The palomar knot looks pretty good, but then again, I thought my knot I was tying was good too and look what happened. Just wondering if any of you guys prefer a different knot with Fluorocarbon line.

fender66

Knots Animated

Post by fender66 »

Great site.....the knot I use to tie my lures isn't listed. I don't know what it's called, but I was taught it about 30 years ago and have used it since. I was told it was a knot that had won a prize at a fishing tournament, but can't remember all the details of that part. Now I'm wondering what it is called.
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

Captain Ahab

Knots Animated

Post by Captain Ahab »

Fender Knot of course
Trying to Fish as often as Jim works :LOL2:

fender66

Knots Animated

Post by fender66 »

Captain Ahab wrote:Fender Knot of course
Of course...I should have known that. :)

Nonetheless...here's an illustration I just made of it before it's pulled tight.
Attachments
knot.jpg
knot.jpg (25.03 KiB) Viewed 10977 times
Peace,

Captain Ahab

Knots Animated

Post by Captain Ahab »

Looks like an albright know to me
Trying to Fish as often as Jim works :LOL2:

cajuncook1

Knots Animated

Post by cajuncook1 »

nice site Bugpac........ :beer:

fender66

Knots Animated

Post by fender66 »

Just did a search for the Albright Knot and that's not it. I did however find it in the next video I watched. It's a "Duncan" knot. Here's a video of how to tie it.

I really like this knot for several reasons. It is strong, easy/quick to tie, and I can stop the knot before the hook eyelet for a more free action on a crank or I can tighten it to the hook eyelet as I do on my soft plastics. Here's the video.

Peace,

rusty.hook

Knots Animated

Post by rusty.hook »

This is a loop know I use on all my lures, I use 20lb clear mono line, I tie the knot then run about about 16" out to a double barrel swivel and tie it to my main line that is 12lb. It gives more action than any other knot I have used.The knot is call a Mirrolure Knot. see pic below. It is for saltwater, but can be use for any style fishing.
Attachments
mirrolure_knot.jpg
A BAD DAY ON THE WATER IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT THE OFFICE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. MY FAVORITE TWO DAYS THAT START WITH A "T", ARE, "TODAY & TOMORROW".

angry Bob

Knots Animated

Post by angry Bob »

I started using this knot for braid a couple of years ago, and haven't had any slips yet.

https://www.orlandooutfitters.com/knots/knot.asp?id=12
Angry Bob
Smallmouth Fanatic