1st place Cobia, 1st place Mac & $25 gift card

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonboat Jerry

Reaction score
1st place Cobia, 1st place Mac, & $25 gift card all in the same tournament! WOOOO HOOOO!
Fished 30 mi off Hernando Beach last Friday and got our brains beat out by the 5s and 6s knocking us around.
Found out later SCA warnings were up. I was drifting a live shrimp near the bottom and saw a shark cruise under the boat.
Moments later, I got yanked to the rail and figured that was it. After ten minutes getting yanked back an forth, it came to the surface and I discovered it had a white stripe down the side....COBIA! Turned out to be 36" and 16 lbs 11 oz at the weigh in.
Later I landed a nice Mac, everything was eating Shrimp. At the weigh in, there is a drawing for a $25 gift cards for the attending participants. I could not believe it when my name was called, it is the second time it has happened. Any way, here is the link and pics. Enjoy, Jerry :D https://www.naturecoastanglers.com/Tournament_Results.html

earl60446 said:
30 miles offshore in a jon boat! You deserve a prize.
Tim
Thanks Tim but you give the Zilla way to much credit. We were fishing a 38' Donzi with 3-275 mercs and still got beat up.
The Zilla is good for flats only on a good day! Thanks for looking. Jerry :)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351017#p351017 said:
Jonboat Jerry » Today, 17:34[/url]"]
earl60446 said:
30 miles offshore in a jon boat! You deserve a prize.
Tim
Thanks Tim but you give the Zilla way to much credit. We were fishing a 38' Donzi with 3-275 mercs and still got beat up.
The Zilla is good for flats only on a good day! Thanks for looking. Jerry :)

OK, I was wondering about that, I knew you had a hell of a jon boat but still. I went down to baja a few times and we went about 20 miles offshore in a panga ONCE (17ft fiberglass vee, very spartan), no depth finder, no radio, 1 50hp motor and no **** life preservers I found out. But we caught some darn nice dorado that day.

Tim

The next tournament here is May 20th. I'll give Kevin (BigWave) a shout to see if something is going on in St. Pete a little sooner.
He works at Fisherman's Ideal Supply House 727-391-7380. Jerry

Latest posts