Port O'Connor Redfish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntinfool

Reaction score
Went with my boss fishing today. Caught some keeper reds.
Then I caught this sea monster.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429485000820.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429485000820.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,893
  • uploadfromtaptalk1429485110544.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429485110544.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,893
No, not really. But when you see pelicans diving, you should go check it out. Usually there are trout and smaller reds underneath, but not this time.

Nice fish...

IMHO....Given equal sizes....Jacks out pull Reds..

Reds out pull ANYTHING in fresh water, including muskies...

(I never caught a big gar...that might be a contest)

Been there, done that.....

Oh, and if they ever got big enough....a bonefish will out pull anything else for the first very long run...

richg99

Reds out pull just about anything - especially anything that lives where they do! A bull red tied to a big striper - no contest red wins

Jacks do pull hard, but they make a couple of runs and the just turn sideways and make you work. A red pulls all the time. Not using his body width to create pressure.
Having said that, not fish fought hard. My boss caught that jack on a medium light rod and got it in in about 20 mins. I used a medium rod and got the red in about 30 mins. The jack was near the boat in 8-10 minutes and went around and under the boat. The red didn't get close to the boat until about 20 minutes and kept getting closer and closer until I had my boss net her....but she wasn't really ready. I just didn't want to lose her.

Either way, it was very fun and I want to do it again!!!

Latest posts